MATRIMONIAL AND FAMILY LAW
Ending a marriage is one of the most difficult and painful decisions a person may make. It is essential to obtain advice and representation from a knowledgeable and experienced domestic relations attorney in that event. Barry specializes in matrimonial and family law, working on behalf of his clients for the best resolution possible. His areas of expertise include:
- Separation Agreements, Stipulations of Settlement, Prenuptial Agreements, Post-Nuptial Agreements.
- Parenting Issues including legal and physical custody, visitation, child support and child care.
- Divorce and Family Law Dispute Resolution.
- Uncontested Divorces – The parties are able to amicably resolve their marital differences and submit the necessary paper work to the court to end the marriage.
- Child Custody and Visitation Disputes.
- Relocation Issues and Proceedings.
- Equitable Distribution of the parties' assets.
- Spousal Maintenance Issues.
- Modification and Enforcement of Prior Court Orders.
- Post-Divorce Litigation.
- Orders of Protection.
- Collaborative Law – An alternative form of dispute resolution effective in divorce matters or domestic partnership dissolutions. The separating couples each have an attorney and work primarily in four-way meetings. The separating couple is directly involved in the negotiated settlement process and agreement to resolve such issues as property distribution, child custody and visitation and real estate. Since New York law does not necessarily protect the rights of non-traditional families, the collaborative law approach may be the best way for non-traditional families to reach a settlement that works best for them even if it is different than what the law would mandate. A team of advocates including child specialists and financial experts may be consulted to assist, if necessary. Collaborative Law is different than mediation, which centers on the participants working with one neutral person.